October 2009 : a new release (bibus 1.5.0)

  • OOo3.1 compatibility
  • Infinite number of file/http links
  • Clever capitalization (lord of war => Lord of War ...)
  • Better handling of journal abbreviations
  • Import/Export filters can be added easily (plugin)
  • journal abbreviations and shortcuts can be easily edited (simple csv file that can be edited in OOo/excel or a text editor)
  • Lot of bug fixes
  • Requires python2.5 (not a problem anymore under Windows since OOo3.1 includes 2.6)
  • Requires wxpython-2.8

Talk:Tips and Tricks

From Bibus

Jump to: navigation, search

I am switching from JabRef to Bibus for literature managing, because I have more and more literatures now and JabRef is very slow when dealing with large data files.

In JabRef, I use Bibtex key like "[year]-[author]-p[pages]", and all my pdf files were named with this kind of keys. But I find that the "Identifier" pattern in bibus is fixed, like "author+year". After asking Pierre how to the identifier pattern, I modified line 64 in to:

return record[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Year']]+'-'+author.split(',')[0].replace(' ','_')+'-p'+record[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Pages']].split('-')[0]

  1. Modify Identifier pattern to "Year-FirstAuthor-pFirstpage"

But I found that bibus still showed Indentifers with the old pattern. Then I looked into the file and changed line 958 to: Identifier = ref[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Year']]+'-'+ref[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Author']].split(',')[0].replace(' ',u'_')+'-p'+ref[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Pages']].split('-')[0]

Changed line 1248 to: record[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Identifier']] = record[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Year']]+'-'+record[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Author']].split(',')[0].replace(' ','_')+'-p'+record[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Pages']].split('-')[0]

Then the Identifier pattern works as I expected.

Line 80 in also redefines Identifier sometimes, I don't know whether it's necessary to modify, but I also changed it: Identifier = ref[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Year']] +'-'+ ref[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Author']].split(',')[0].replace(' ',u'_')+'-p'+ref[BIB.BIBLIOGRAPHIC_FIELDS['Pages']].split('-')[0]

Personal tools