October 2009 : a new release (bibus 1.5.0)
- OOo3.1 compatibility
- Infinite number of file/http links
- Clever capitalization (lord of war => Lord of War ...)
- Better handling of journal abbreviations
- Import/Export filters can be added easily (plugin)
- journal abbreviations and shortcuts can be easily edited (simple csv file that can be edited in OOo/excel or a text editor)
- Lot of bug fixes
- Requires python2.5 (not a problem anymore under Windows since OOo3.1 includes 2.6)
- Requires wxpython-2.8
Running Bibus on the Macintosh Using Wine
Until a working and simple native Mac OS solution has been found, you can use the windows "Emulator" Wine (Hold off the flames, I know that "Wine Is Not An Emulator" ) (http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/Installing) and install the Windows package.
The following has worked for me:
- The Windows-Full-Setup Package "bibus-126.96.36.199-Win32-wx188.8.131.52-Full-Setup.exe"
- The 1.1.7 Wine Build from kronenberg.org http://www.kronenberg.org/download.php?download=http://darwine.good-day.net/Darwine-x86-1.1.7.dmg&filename=Darwine-x86-1.1.7.dmg&project=Darwine&sponsorName=Good-Day%20Inc.&sponsorURL=www.good-day.co.jp (The later builds did not work for me)
- Get the missing MSVCP60.DLL from http://www.dll-files.com/ and put it in your ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system