October 2009 : a new release (bibus 1.5.0)
- OOo3.1 compatibility
- Infinite number of file/http links
- Clever capitalization (lord of war => Lord of War ...)
- Better handling of journal abbreviations
- Import/Export filters can be added easily (plugin)
- journal abbreviations and shortcuts can be easily edited (simple csv file that can be edited in OOo/excel or a text editor)
- Lot of bug fixes
- Requires python2.5 (not a problem anymore under Windows since OOo3.1 includes 2.6)
- Requires wxpython-2.8
Bibus and ISI Web of Knowledge
There is a button that says "Save to EndNote, RefMan, ProCite", either from within the results page or from the marked list.
This button will export the file "uml_view.cgi" that needs to be saved to disk.
This file contains directly the chose references in teh ISI Export format V1.0 and thus can be imported into Bibus using the ISI import filter (Files->Import->ISI ; choose your file)
The only problem seems to be that ISI exports the Journal names in uppercase letters, which then can be a problem when creating a formatted Bibliography.